Accounts Receivable Guru
Objectwin Technology / Starwood Hotels Scottsdale, AZ April 2015 - Present
Global Billing Analyst
- Process SAP automatic billing loaders from various sources as assigned, including confirming that supporting documentation is accurate and complete, loading the files into the SAP system, reviewing bill validation reports for variances from previous periods or variances from control totals, analyzing and correcting any errors, and verifying accounting information.
- Process manual billings confirming supporting documentation is accurate and complete. Resolve billing disputes/issues within established time frames and in a manner that promotes favourable customer relations. This includes producing monthly and ad-hoc reports upon request.
Bethune & Associates, Attorneys at Law Phoenix, AZ November 2014 - January 2015
- Detailed review of new Commercial insurance (worker's compensation) policy files and billing set-ups. Expertly created the set of steps and checklists to follow to enter new claims accurately and thoroughly.
- Filing/correction of claims and heavy research in online databases, both internal and external. Mastered Windows-based, proprietary CLS software and AmTrust/Tower and Hermitage Ins. electronic claim records.
- Researched, identified, and communicated updates to the Legal Assistants on Claims billing & payments.
Oxford Global Resources [Temporary Role] Beverly, MA June 2014 - July 2014
- Review daily call report and compare it with the Hospitals' accounts receivable aging report to identify appropriate accounts to contact regarding account balances. Locate a Hospital A/P contact via Google, etc.
- Contact appropriate person in client organization, to review current account status, get payment commitment and document conversations or other relevant information in the People Soft system.
- Research and resolve billing issues by working with clients, branch offices and accounting; communicate resolution to client and management via phone or emailed correspondence; document issues and resolutions.
Omniclaim, Incorporated (Medical Cost Containment) Woburn, MA Sept. 2012 - April 2014
- With high Degree of accuracy: gathered, reviewed, and collected invoicing and Backup for large Commercial Insurers, including HIPAA-protected Medical coding paperwork, in a Collections special project Department.
- DRG Nurse auditor support & Spreadsheet analysis of refundable Claims. Heavy research to get telephone contact(s) for clients, both external and internal, and thereby brought resolution of Appealed claim findings.
- Mastered excel Data interface, DRG Pricing and SQL/Snapshot accounting and Claims pricing softwares;
- Trusted with all complex customer service issues as a result of exceptional ability to promptly resolve them
Teradyne, Incorporated [Contract Role] North Reading, MA April 2012 - Aug. 2012
- Contract role at a large High-tech as a Financial Analyst: examine, analyze and interpret P.O.s and account records to prepare bills, and/or advise management of invoicing and receivables issues (as needed).
- Expertly provided service regarding billing issues, entry of Government invoices into WAWF system, including Voids/recalls of invoices and/or Receiving reports. Check payment status daily in My Invoice military website.
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable functions from Orders, all the way through Delivery of our system Test computers and robotic equipment to Overseas engineers for such companies as Toshiba and Hitachi.
AMES Safety Envelope Mfg. Company Somerville, MA December 2008 - May 2010
Collections and Billing Coordinator
- Mastery of proprietary desktop computer software: Mainframe [MS-DOS based], and Evolution (Windows), working proactively to retain customer business (including locating personnel), while adhering to FDCPA.
- Researched, identified and resolved a major under-payment error based on Contracting, which resulted in recouping around Twenty thousand dollars for the AMES Company, and saving them from future errors.
- Daily preparation, and reconciliation of Bank Deposits for our Manufacturing Clients. Streamlining of the client Billing process, by eliminating what was agreed upon to be an unnecessary step.
SleepMed/Digitrace Care Services Peabody, MA April 2007 - October 2008
Collections Account Representative
- Heavy review of EOBs, HCFAs, UB-92, UB-04s and commercial Insurance claim and billing issue follow-ups. Expertise at pointing out alternate means to an end and implementing new Collections strategies.
- Detailed online and paper Filing/correction of claims and heavy telephone contact(s) with all clients, external and internal. Mastered Windows-based, proprietary software and Blue Cross/Shield electronic claim forms.
- Investigated, documented and settled complex Claims billing and batching errors with utmost professionalism.
Department of Workforce Development Boston, MA November 2006 - April 2007
Assistant Accountant, Health Insurance Unit (Contract Assignment)
- Reviewed and edited commercial taxpayers’ Unemployment Health Insurance tax statements for accuracy, on the department’s proprietary DOS-based program, MMARS.
- Identified correct client contact person/s with whom to discuss discrepancies. Formed and fostered strong relationships with internal and external clients via telephone and e-mail contacts, assisting them with correction of their Tax documents.
Concentra Integrated Services, Inc. Burlington, MA January 2002 – May 2006
- Utilizing Oracle, Excel, and FACS, successfully collected large overdue Commercial Insurers’ (Liability and Work Comp) account balances through spreadsheet and UB/HCFA creation, including heavy online research, telephone, email, and mail contact, while ensuring adherence to contracting, as well as Fair Debt Collection.
- As one of the first companies to use WAWF, in late 2005 and early 2006, I was Concentra’s point person for this system. Remained updated on the GSA’s paper filing system/s, which pre-dated WAWF, as well.
- Succeeded at bringing the average DSO of 150+ selected client Accounts from the 90s to around 43-days.